Camping During Phase Three (updated 12/15/2020)
Virginia entered Phase 3 on July 1st, 2020. Many campground specific restrictions have been lifted in this phase, but we do still have to follow all guidelines for our amenities and facilities like brick and mortar stores, food service, recreation, and swimming pools.
There is no requirement for a campground to open an amenity, even if the guidelines say they can. Complying with these regulations takes time, manpower, and financial resources that not all businesses have available. Please be kind and understanding when speaking to our campgrounds. Our parks will do their best to provide as many amenities as possible while adhering to all CDC & VDH guidelines and current Executive Orders.
Please remember that all guests still must continue to maintain social distancing from others not in your household. We ask that you do not camp if you are sick or have been in contact with someone who is sick.
Every Virginia campground is different and will offer amenities based on what they feel they are capable of doing at this time.
- All public and private in-person gatherings of more than 25 individuals are prohibited.
- Face Masks are required in all indoor places for ages 5 and up such as Camp Stores, Laundry Facilities, and Recreation Centers.
Amenities that can be open with restrictions, if the park chooses to open them:
- Brick & mortar stores including Camp Stores, Bait Shops, Arts & Craft Stores
- Bathhouses (required by Virginia Department of Health)
- Swimming pools with a maximum of 75% occupancy
- Game Rooms
- Jumping Pillows & Jump Pads
- Restaurants & Concession Stands
- Pavilions & Picnic Areas for seating as long as social distancing is maintained
- Recreation Centers
- Dog Parks
- Outdoor recreation such as basketball courts, volleyball courts, gaga ball, horseshoes,
cornhole, mini golf, frisbee golf, laser tag, gem mining, horseback riding, and beaches.
- Socially distance activities like fishing, biking, hiking, boating, and more!
Please check with each park on what they have open at this time.
Plan your next camping trip today at www.virginiacampgrounds.com! Thank you so much for working with us during this difficult time. For more information on Executive Order 65 and the guidelines visit Governor.Virginia.gov.